At least 38 million Americans are thought to experience migraines. These painful headaches can stop a person in their tracks and can occur repeatedly throughout their lives. Fortunately, chiropractic care has been shown to help reduce the intensity, duration, and frequency of migraine attacks.
Keep reading to learn more about how our chiropractor in Boca Raton, FL can help you or your loved one who struggles with this painful condition.
What Are Migraines?
A migraine is a severe headache that is typically accompanied by additional signs and symptoms like nausea, vomiting, blurry vision, and light sensitivity. Migraines can be incredibly debilitating and cause a great deal of discomfort.
We’re still learning about migraines and what causes them. One theory is that certain factors or stimuli trigger changes in brain chemistry, which may be exacerbated by changes in blood flow within the nervous system.
Common triggers for migraine headaches include:
- Fluctuation in hormones (since women naturally go through changing hormonal cycles throughout life, this could explain why women appear to be more likely to get migraines than men)
- Exposure to certain noises or smells
- Bright flashing lights
- Certain foods or beverages
- Changing weather
- Fatigue and poor sleep
Increasing amounts of evidence suggest that certain other health conditions, including obesity, might increase the risk of migraines. Doctors and researchers also know that genetics play a strong role. In other words, you’re much more likely to experience migraine headaches yourself if someone else in your family gets them, too.
Common Chiropractic Treatments of Migraine Headaches
If you get migraine headaches and live near Boca Raton, we encourage you to contact our office and schedule a consultation with our chiropractor, Dr. Allan Dellabella.
Dr. Dellabella offers a range of non-invasive and pharmacology-free services that can help you find effective relief from your migraines. What has worked for previous patients of ours include:
- Chiropractic adjustments, which optimize spinal alignment and can mediate pain-relieving changes in the brain’s neurochemistry
- Lifestyle and dietary counseling, to help you avoid your common triggers
- Massage therapy, to promote mental and physical stress relief and improve circulation and blood flow
Need Help Managing Your Migraine Pain?
Contact Shadowwood Chiropractic Center at (561) 488-4000 to schedule a consultation.