Are you one of the 50 million Americans living with chronic pain? Perhaps you’re among the nearly 20 million suffering from “high-impact chronic pain”—pain severe enough that it frequently limits life or work activities.
In a 2018 report, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) notes that chronic pain is one of the most common reasons adults seek medical care. Additionally, chronic pain is linked to:
- Restrictions in mobility and daily activities
- Dependence on opioids
- Anxiety and depression
- Poor perceived health or reduced quality of life
Dealing with chronic pain on a daily basis is frustrating and exhausting. Shadowood Chiropractic Center understands this. That’s why we offer our patients effective and natural drug-free pain management techniques.
Chiropractic adjustments offer relief while addressing the cause of pain and supporting internal healing. Our goal is to provide a cure for the source of your pain, whether it’s chronic back and neck pain, sciatica, recurring headaches, or fibromyalgia-related pain.
In many patients, a misalignment of the musculoskeletal system is causing pain. When the spine is out of alignment, a herniated disk may compress nearby nerves. This nerve compression triggers chronic pain.
We offer the Gonstead Technique, targeted chiropractic care that uses five criteria to take a careful look at your spine and determine where the problem areas are. This form of chiropractic care looks at any vertebrae that are out of alignment and only adjusts the problem area. It’s accurate, painless, precise, and specific.
Not only do they feel great, massage treatments cause your body to experience important physiological changes that reduce pain. Some of these include:
- Stimulates natural healing in affected area, reducing the build-up of inflammation
- Invites the body to relax, lowering heart rate and slowing your breathing rate
- Reduces cortisol levels, a.k.a. “the stress hormone”
- Increases the levels of the “feel-good hormone,” endorphin, which helps to prepare your body to heal
- Increases blood flow and allows fresh, oxygenated blood to flush out toxins and lactic acid
- Boosts your body’s immunity and ability to fight off low-grade illnesses
A broad range of holistic pain-relief solutions
Other services we offer may include lifestyle advice, nutritional advice, and corrective exercises that work to help you re-learn how to properly move to reduce pain. You can be sure you’ll receive a customized treatment plan that addresses the cause of your pain
Our chiropractor, Dr. Allan DellaBella, has helped professional athletes, U.S. Olympic team members, and individuals in our local community manage pain for over three decades. He can help you, too. Phone us at 561-488-4000, or use our convenient request an appointment form.